I am *FINALLY* feeling better, its been a full week of me getting better slowly each day. That was a very long 3.5 weeks of being sick, yuk. I was probably sick before then, since I had the baby - how else can you explain a bacterial infection of the uterus? I sure can't!
In case you didn't know what happened... well around 7 weeks post-partum, I started feeling horribly nauseous/dizzy, what I thought were hot flashes (but were signs of infection), I was losing weight so quickly (total of 45 pounds since having the baby). My hormones were out of wack but also creating some weird symptoms! I never felt so sick in my life - even recovering from the delivery of Gabrielle was 'easier' than this bout of sickness was.
I went to my docs who delivered the baby and was told to get a psych eval for post partum depression and a thyroid test (which was negative). I kept insisting to her that I really felt 'sick' - something was so off! And she blew me off.
After I spent 2 days in bed and Mike was home from work, he insisted I call our primary care doctor. I am so glad I did because she really listened to me and did alot of tests to find out what was wrong. A bacterial infection of my uterus; she started me on 2 antibiotics and I am feeling better slowly each day.
I want to say an extra special thank you to MANY of you who were there for me during this time! It was so nervewracking for me, not just being sick and not knowing 'why' but also having to take care of the baby when I was dizzy and some days hardly able to get out of bed. And I needed help, I'm proud of myself for asking for it. That is so hard for me, but I sure got lots and lots of support in many ways.
I married the best guy in the world - Mike worked from home a few days and also spent many weekends taking complete charge of Gabrielle, the house, chores, etc. And watching out for me too.
To dad & Carol, thank you for all the visits you made to PA (even before and after a well deserved vacation!) and for talking to me on the phone almost every day during that entire time! And for bringing us up to your house for the week, that was the best medicine.
To my sister Diana who also listened to me almost every day, and trust me it wasn't easy - lots of crying and what-the-heck-is-wrong-with-me-I-feel-lousy conversations. AND thank you for coming down for the weekend to help me out (and Elton & Bee thanks for letting her come alone and watching Faith & Lucas).
Denise & Emily - thank you for bringing me lunch twice and keeping me company! And for the beautiful flowers! Some of the best medicine is to be around a 3 year old talking about the kitty cat and princesses.
Ree, thank you for driving 3 hours to spend a couple nights with me while Mike was away. I really appreciate you :) You are very good company and who else could get Gabrielle to smile so big saying "momomomomomom" heehee!
Mary thank you for driving out from NJ and bringing me lunch and spending a Sunday afternoon with me. I know your life is a bit upside down right now; thank you for being here!
And to sooooooooo many others who called, emailed, IM'd, sent cards and prayers..... Mom, Amy, Jeremy, Megan, Jeni, Robin, Sue, Sherry, all the girls on PM who posted, Susan, Sue, Bette, Cedara, Darlene, Ilona, Kathy, all my cousins who listened at Peter's party about how wacky I was feeling. And Mina - oh my, how many times have we rescheduled? UGH! I can't wait to see you & Grace soon!
I know it's hard for some of you to live far away but I really felt your love and support!
Okay enough of the Oscars speech, haha! I really thank you and hope I didn't forget anyone. I'm blessed with wonderful family and friends. OH and please don't feel bad if you didn't know - I wasn't exactly calling and talking about it. I know everyone cares so much for us!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi sweetie!! I am sooo glad you're starting to feel better! I can't believe how the little sweetheart has grown!
XoXo-
lisa
Post a Comment