Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hmmmm is it Christmas yet???

WOW! Did we ever have a rough Christmas this year!

Mike got an intestinal virus on (last) Monday; he was sick for a few days...Gabrielle and I ended up driving to get Kimberly a day later than planned (in an ice storm, UGH, thankfully it was OK and we just wanted her here with us!). Then on Christmas morning at 1am, I woke up with the virus and don't even remember Christmas or the day after - I was either in bed or the bathroom. Thank goodness we switched off to take care of the baby and she did not get sick. We didn't even open presents til the 26th late at night.

But we were supposed to host Christmas here at our house with my family - and I postponed until Sunday when Mike got sick -- we didn't want anyone to get it! Well my parents and sister/kids were fine with it but of course they ended up with no plans, no dinner, etc. because we were doing everything for Christmas. Then my sister's kids got sick on Saturday!!! So they couldn't even come down - my parents did come down Sunday and went home earlier today. What a first Christmas for Gabrielle, huh? I swear it's the most disastrious I can remember! HAHA!

Well it's funny tho, on the way to pick up Kimberly - I heard a sermon on the radio. The pastor said something that 'hit home' for me. part of his sermon was "Christmas is NOT about your circumstances, it's about your relationship with Christ." And it made me realize, that no matter the size of the disaster we still have each other. We have lots of blessings and lots of love, that is what is MOST important!!

Okay so I will post a few new things tonight too :)

No comments: