Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Anyone want to adopt a U.S. Marine?

One of my closest friends' husband is deployed to Iraq - his unit left in Sept. and they won't be home until April or May. She told me there are guys in his unit who don't get ANY mail during mail call! I can't even imagine that and with the holidays coming up, I thought I'd post here and ask if you would like to adopt one of those guys to send some mail to.

It can be as simple as sending a holiday card (with their personal name on it so they get 'called' out) or you can send a box of goodies - believe it or not, they mostly want comforts of home.... junk food, beef jerky, candy, sunflower seeds, peanuts, drink mixes, tums, etc.

Please do not feel obligated to send boxes...a letter, a postcard....just knowing that folks back home are thinking of them especially with the holidays coming up means alot.

To mail them something costs the same as it would within the U.S. since it goes to an FPO address. Boxes and mail are taking about 2-3 weeks to get to them so if you think you would like to do this, please email and let me know - I'll send you a name and address right away.

THANK you and I'll be posting more soon!

No comments: